What we're looking for
Flowhow is seeking a hands-on VP R&D to join its executive team on our mission to transform radiology operations; fixing, automating, and optimizing the process before a single image is taken! We are looking for a dynamic technical leader who wants to build a great team from the ground up. Someone who is customer driven and owns execution and delivery. They must have a drive to learn and adapt while keeping collaboration and the company goals top of mind.
In this role you will:
- Build and grow a remote first R&D team focused on execution and quality
- Create and nurture an inclusive and can-do culture
- Define, monitor, and validate achievement of R&D teams goals via OKRs
- Work to constantly improve R&D performance through hiring, retention, mentorship, training, and career development
- Execute and deliver the R&D roadmap based on a deep understanding of the business needs and team capabilities
- Support changing priorities between product features, availability, performance, security, efficacy, and reliability
- Be a core member of the executive team reporting to the CEO
- Collaborate daily with product management, marketing, and sales
- Oversee high quality delivery and support of our solution to our clients worldwide
- Work with radiology providers and partners in Israel and in North America
- Be a customer driven evangelist for the R&D team
For this role you must have:
- Hands-on engineering/technical background with a experience and understanding of AI, deep learning, and data science.
- Experience in using DevOps tools (k8s, docker, DB integration, git, jenkins, CI/CD, etc.)
- 5+ years of programming experience with flexibility in developing both high level programming (C#, Java, Python) and low level programming (C, C++).
- 5+ year of management experience, leading and growing a tech team of at least 10 people
- Start-up experience in how to deal with and solve the associated challenges
- A track record of successfully delivering technical product, to either external or internal stakeholders
- A strong perspective on how to grow, structure, and manage an R&D organization
- B.Sc. in Software/Computer Engineering or Computer Science.
It will also be great if you have:
- Experience in the healthcare domain, specifically radiology
- Experience working with highly regulated industries
- Experience working in complex multi-stakeholder environments
- Flexible paid time off
- Remote first work environment
- Training and development